- Decisiveness - the ability to make tough decisions
- Integrity - your actions match your words
- Trust - ability to engender respect, confidence and belief
- Value diversity - valuing everyone's opinion
- Performance - your actions get results
While there may be others, there is no doubt these five are important and are all things that I can work on and be intentional about this week.
If you are considering someone for a leadership position right now, how well do they exhibit these characteristics? What does their work and leadership history tell you thus far? What have those around them observed?
Leadership potential leaves clues.